Flake8 can be used in many ways. A few:
- invoked on the command-line
- invoked via Python
- called by Git or Mercurial on or around committing
This guide will cover all of these and the nuances for using Flake8.
This portion of Flake8‘s documentation does not cover installation. See the Installation section for how to install Flake8.
- Invoking Flake8
- Configuring Flake8
- Full Listing of Options and Their Descriptions
- Error / Violation Codes
- Selecting and Ignoring Violations
- Using Plugins For Fun and Profit
- Using Version Control Hooks
- Public Python API